24th Division (Word of Blake)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|24th Division (Heralds of Light IV-iota)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||Heralds of Light|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 24th Division first appeared in the Inner Sphere in October, 3068 in form a swift invasion of the world of Menkar. The Division's surprise invasion hit Menkar's few defenders hard. With the use of weapons of mass-destruction, the planet's leaders quickly surrendered. The 24th remained on the planet for six months, setting up the world's new Menkar Protectorate Militia before departing.
In September of 3070, the unit joined the 17th Division as part of the invasion of Sian. Both units were brutally damaged by Sian resistance and the arrival of Free Capellan forces, forcing a rout. The understrength 24th was utilized as a light raiding force while it recovered. It had recovered by 3074, where it was called up during the second invasion of Sian. The unit joined forces with the 8th Division, and two of Kali Liao's cybernetic-enhanced Warriors Houses for this effort. However, in the midst of the battle, Thuggee Warrior House White Tiger turned on its sister unit the Rakshasa and destroyed them. This turned the tide of the battle for Sian's defenders. The 24th and the Eighth retreated in complete disarray, and they were both were gutted by Capellan forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 24th Division|
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96 - "24th Division's unit profile".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 6 - "Combatants profiles" - mentions CO of unit.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142 - "Force-Specific Rules for 24th Division, mentions tactics/specialization of the unit".