24th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|24th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Division du Aquitaine|
|Parent Formation||XV Corps|
The Twenty-Fourth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Twenty-Fourth was a part of the XV Corps within the Fifteenth Army and was assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Twenty-Fourth but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The Twenty-fourth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"