24th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
|Parent Command||Sigma Galaxy|
In common with the other elements of Sigma Galaxy the Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster was raised predominantly from recruiting among the Lyran population of the Wolf Empire. Stationed on the border with the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Commonwealth, the Twenty-fourth found itself in the unenviable position of not only fighting against their ages-old enemy but also against their former countrymen from the Bolan Province.
Given Sigma's position on the anti-spinward border of the Wolf Empire it found itself struggling to obtain new equipment, including battle armor; as a consequence, as late as 3145 the Twenty-fourth was still largely reliant on tanks to do the heavy fighting, and had little choice but to rely on conventional infantry forces, although the infantry were at least equipped with improved small arms thanks to Clan technology. The loyalty of those in the Twenty-fourth to the Wolf Empire was driven largely by fear of invasion from the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of 24th Wolf Garrison Cluster (Wolf Empire)|
Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Arthur
- - At this point in time the Twenty-fourth was stationed on Bella I and was operating at roughly two-thirds of full strength. Although the Twenty-fourth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Sigma Galaxy Deployment Table"