259th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|259th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2767)|
|Nickname||The Zeta Reticuli Division|
|Parent Formation||XL Corps|
The 259th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XL Corps, Fifteenth Army, to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 259th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 259th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133