265th Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|265th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Nickname||Pride of Pittsburgh|
|Parent Formation||XLVIII Corps|
The 265th took heavy losses during the Periphery Uprising and by 2766 the Pride of Pittsburgh had been disbanded as a division. A single Regiment of the division went on to join the Periphery rebels and were destroyed in combat in 2767.
The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces recruited approximately a regiment's-worth of personnel from the remains of the 265th in 2775, and in 2784 the CCAF used those personnel as the base for forming two new regiments, the Sixth and Seventh St. Ives Lancers.
|Commanding Officers of the 265th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 155
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 205, "265th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133