26th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Twenty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Lambda Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Lambda Galaxy the Twenty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster was raised predominantly from recruiting among the Lyran population of the Wolf Empire. Clan Wolf intended for both of the Galaxies created using Lyran personnel - Lambda and Sigma - to encourage support from the local populations for their new rulers. Whether this was a success in the case of the Twenty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster and most of the other elements of Lambda is debatable, as Lambda was one of the last Wolf Empire Galaxies to be formed, and as a result received equipment no-one else wanted. Receiving cast-off equipment failed to engender much loyalty in those who had volunteered to join up, and with word of the correspondingly low level of morale spreading, recruitment fell away. By 3145 the Twenty-sixth had failed to manage to recruit up to more than eighty percent of full strength as a result.
With the Lyran Commonwealth in a precariously weak position, personnel in the Twenty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster saw little point in deserting, but were also equally unwilling to try and stop the rampant cross-border smuggling between the Commonwealth and Empire. With the Commonwealth steadily retreating in the face of Clan Jade Falcon, it was increasingly likely that the Twenty-sixth would be called on to protect former Commonwealth worlds from Jade Falcon raids, and that the Empire might try and encourage greater loyalty among the Twenty-sixth and other units within Lambda by highlighting that supporting Clan Wolf was the only viable option for protecting their people.
|Commanding Officers of the 26th Wolf Garrison (Wolf Empire)|
Twenty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Hugh
- - At this point in time the Twenty-sixth was stationed on Clinton and was operating at less than two-thirds of full strength. Although the Twenty-sixth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Lambda Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 160, "Lambda Galaxy"