27th Cruiser (Clan Diamond Shark)
|Twenty-seventh Cruiser Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The Wars of Reaving
By 3071 the Twenty-seventh had moved to Babylon in the Clan Homeworlds for rest and refit, along with the other elements of Alpha Galaxy. In January 3072 the Clan Coyote Delta and Epsilon Galaxies launched a devastating assault from the Coyote enclave on Babylon against the holdings of Clan Ice Hellion, Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Cloud Cobra. Of all the forces on Babylon, Alpha Galaxy put up the stiffest resistance, but eventually the Sharks were forced to withdraw, having lost many warriors - and the entire Thirty-ninth Strike Cluster.
Inner Sphere intelligence services noted the absence of the Twenty-seventh and the other elements of Alpha Galaxy from Spheroid space for almost fifteen years, as well as noting their return and assignment to the Twycross system in the closing years of the Jihad.
|Commanding Officers of the 27th Cruiser|
|Star Colonel||Jem Rodriguez||3061|
|Star Colonel||Lyra Oshika||3085|
The unit was skilled at discovering weak spots in the battle line of their opponents. When the time is right the warriors increased their pressure against this spot to break the enemy formation. The cluster was also skilled to set killing zone in the back of the opponent.
- 6 Trinaries
Twenty-seventh Cruiser Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Lyra Oshika
- - At this point in time the Twenty-seventh was stationed on Twycross and was operating at ninety percent of full strength. The entire of the Cluster was equipped with Omni-technology.
- The Twenty-seventh Cruiser Cluster may use the Off-Map Movement special ability.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 68, "27th Cruiser Cluster"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 94, "Death Rides Forth"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 115, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 124, "Alpha Galaxy (Deathstrike Galaxy)"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 190, "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Diamond Shark)"