27th Dieron Regulars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Twenty-seventh Dieron Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
|Nickname||The Claws of the Tiger|
|Parent Formation||Dieron Regulars|
Star League Era
The Twenty-seventh Dieron Regulars were one of thirty-one regiments of Dieron Regulars to be created by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery after 2765. The Dieron Regulars expanded by ten regiments during the Amaris Civil War, and a further twenty-one regiments were raised between the end of the Civil War and the end of the First Succession War. Of the latter twenty-one regiments, eight were formed by recruiting Star League Defense Force personnel and units - including the Twenty-seventh - whilst the remainder were recruited more conventionally. Some of the regiments of Dieron Regulars recruited from the SLDF were single regiments recruited wholesale, but the Twenty-seventh was based around two battalions of assorted SLDF personnel drawn from the Twentieth Army. One battalion was drawn from the Eighteenth Infantry Division, a division within LXVII Corps that had disbanded in 2779 after taking heavy losses during the campaign for Alula Australis, whilst the second battalion was drawn from the disbanding 200th Jump Infantry Division, a XLVII Corps unit.
Third Succession War
Fourth Succession War
In October 3050 the Twenty-seventh suffered devastating losses to the invading Twelfth Bear Chevaliers of Clan Ghost Bear forces on Soverzene. A bare handful of Combine soldiers survived the assault, and the unit was not reformed. The Twenty-seventh fought alongside the Second Alshain Regulars on Soverzene; both regiments were determined to exact a toll on the Ghost Bears, and Tai-sa Yoshiro of the Twenty-seventh and Tai-sa Ano Tars of the Second established supply caches across the main continent on Soverzene to support the mobile defense they planned to conduct. Soverzene had two major cities, one of which - Averti - was assigned to the Twenty-seventh to protect. Khan Bjorn Jorgensson deployed the entire of Beta Galaxy in the assault on Soverzene once he learned that there were two DCMS line regiments on the planet, and the Twenty-seventh found itself facing both the Twelfth and Fourteenth Bear Chevaliers. The Twenty-seventh had prepared a trap near the Killimangero fjords, and used air strikes to herd the two Ghost Bear Clusters towards the narrow waterways; aware they were being manipulated, the Chevaliers were cautious in their approach, and when they found two companies of 'Mechs from the Twenty-seventh waiting at the edge of the waterways, only a single Trinary was sent forward to investigate. The two companies from the Twenty-seventh used jump jets to retreat down one cliff face and then up another, while detonating explosives that tumbled the Trinary down into the fjord.
Whilst the gambit was successful, its effects were limited; only a few of the Chevalier OmniMechs were destroyed by the trap, and the retreating 'Mech companies were flanked by the Fourteenth, sending many of the Twenty-seventh's 'Mechs into the fjord in turn. It was at this point that Yoshiro counter-attacked with the remainder of the Twenty-seventh, emerging from the cover that had been provided by trees within the fjord, provoking the bulk of the Twelfth and Fourteenth Bear Chevaliers to plunge into the waterways to battle them. Yoshiro then quickly led his forces into escape tunnels hewn roughly into the rock, believing that the Ghost Bears were in pursuit, and detonated explosives hidden within the tunnels when his forces were clear. Content that his troops were victorious, Yoshiro led the Twenty-seventh back to Averti, only to fall victim to the Ghost Bears that night; the Ghost Bears had suspected a trap, and used Elementals to explore the tunnels while the 'Mechs were battling within the fjord, and those Elementals had found and disarmed the bulk of the explosives. As a result, the attack launched that night at Averti saw the Ghost Bears capture Averti by surprise and with minimal bloodshed.
While the Twenty-seventh had been battling the two clusters of Chevaliers, the Second had found itself trapped between two full-strength assault clusters. Having taken heavy losses, the survivors from the Second staged a rescue mission at Averti, freeing those survivors of the Twenty-seventh who had been captured, and their equipment; the survivors from both regiments then spent two weeks being pursued and hunted by the Ghost Bears across Soverzene before all of the Bloodnamed warriors were recalled to Strana Mechty for the election of a new ilKhan, at which point some elements of the two DCMS regiments managed to escape off-world.
|Commanding Officers of the 27th Dieron Regulars|
The unit has no specialization.
- Twenty-seventh Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-seventh was a medium-weight regiment operating at full strength and was stationed on Telos IV.
- Twenty-seventh Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-seventh was a medium-weight regiment operating at just over half strength, and was stationed on Yorii.
27th Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Yorii with an operational readiness of 98 percent. 
27th Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Yorii with an operational readiness of 76 percent. 
- CO: General Fassen Koutri
- Note:The command contains 3 medium battalions. At this point in time the unit was stationed on Ashio. 
- CO: Tai-sa Jasick Yoshiro
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Ashio.
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- My Father's Sword, p 35
- Invading Clans, p. 24-25, "Wave Four: Redemption"
- First Succession War, p. 137, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS)"
- First Succession War, p. 119, "House Kurita"
- The Star League, p. 158, "Twentieth Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 46
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.133
- My Father's Sword, p 1
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 40
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.144
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 97
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 138