27th Robinson Chevaliers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Twenty-seventh Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
The Twenty-seventh Robinson Chevaliers were one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and was one of eight regiments of Robinson Chevaliers created between 2755 and 2765 as the AFFS underwent a massive expansion following the repeal in 2752 of the Star League Council Edict of 2650.
The Robinson Chevaliers brigade was founded in 2540 from the remains of an earlier brigade, the Vale Rangers. Named the Robinson Chevaliers from a quote from First Prince Alexander Davion after the battle on Robinson that saw the death of Prince Nikolai Rostov of the Terran March Principality of the Federated Suns, each regiment of the Chevaliers had traditionally adopted the name of a chivalric order from the pre-industrial history of Terra, passing the name and colors of any regiment unfortunate enough to be destroyed on to a new regiment. However, despite the Twenty-seventh and her seven new sister regiments being formed over a ten-year period, by 2765 it still wasn't certain if the eight new regiments would embrace the same traditions as their older siblings.
|Commanding Officers of the 27th Robinson Chevaliers|
Twenty-seventh Robinson Chevaliers (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- - The Twenty-seventh were stationed on Breed at this point in time. The Twenty-seventh was an extremely heavy regiment; in common with the Twenty-fifth, Twenty-sixth and Twenty-eighth Robinson Chevaliers the Twenty-seventh consisted of two battalions of assault 'Mechs and one battalion of light-to-medium 'Mechs.
Twenty-seventh Robinson Chevaliers (Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-seventh was an assault-weight unit operating at full regimental strength, and was based on Breed.
- First Succession War, p. 135, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"