280th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|280th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Cygnus Arm Division|
|Parent Formation||LXVI Corps|
The 280th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Cerulean, assigned as a part of the LXVI Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the campaign to deal with the Periphery Uprising. The final fate of the 280th is currently unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the 280th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Iris Carman||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Third Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 63, "280th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133