282nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|282nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Nickname||The Denebola Division|
|Parent Command||X Corps|
The 282nd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Denebola, assigned as a part of the X Corps, First Army, to the Terran Military Region and then transferred to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region in 2765 as part of the New Vandenberg Uprising. The 282nd suffered heavy losses in the Hegemony Campaign, and was disbanded in 2780.
|Commanding Officers of the 282nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Adel Carmody||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 140, "First"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 41, "282nd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133