28th Light Horse Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|28th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||VII Corps|
The Twenty-eighth Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the VII Corps, Eighth Army, to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region and transferred to District 2 in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The Twenty-eighth survived the Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, to be absorbed by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 28th Light Horse Regiment|
The Regiment had trained in micro-gravity combat.
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment the Twenty-eighth would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 108
- The Star League, p. 141, "Eighth Army"
- The Star League, p. 133