28th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|28th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Parent Command||XIV Corps|
The Twenty-eighth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Twenty-eighth was a part of XIV Corps within the Fourteenth Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region; the Twenty-eighth was then transferred to District 3 in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The Twenty-eighth was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 28th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133