298th Battle Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|298th Battle Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Parent Formation||LIX Corps|
The Two Hundred Ninety-eighth Battle Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the LIX Corps, Twentieth Army, to the Periphery Military Region. Unlike other units, it frequently operated alone instead of as a part of a Regimental Combat Team. In 2762 the 298th fought a heavy force equipped with heavy and assault BattleMechs on an unnamed Periphery world. They were able to get a courier back to their Corps headquarters, and the 325th Royal Heavy Assault Regiment arrived to reinforce the unit. Before the 325th arrived, the 298th lost a third of their force.
|Commanding Officers of the 298th Battle Regiment|
- The Star League, p. 158, "Twentieth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 234
- The Star League, p. 133