29th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|29th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Aces and Eights Division|
|Parent Formation||II Corps|
The Twenty-ninth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Twenty-ninth was a part of II Corps within the Twelfth Army and was stationed within District 2 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. When the Periphery Uprising erupted in 2765 the Twenty-Ninth was redeployed into the Periphery where the Division took losses heavy enough to cause the Division to be disbanded. Although the Twenty-ninth ceased to exist as a unit at this point, elements of the Division continued to fight throughout the Hegemony Campaign, but after the campaign those remnants chose to remain in the Inner Sphere when General Aleksandr Kerensky led Operation Exodus. Those elements of the former Twenty-ninth that remained behind entered service with the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery in 2782 as the Twenty-fourth Dieron Regulars.
|Commanding Officers of the 29th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 145, "Twelfth Army"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133