2nd Amaris Fusiliers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Second Amaris Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2582)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Fusiliers|
By 2582 the Rim Worlds Republic had been in a state of civil war for seven years, and the Second Amaris Fusiliers, who had remained loyal to First Consul Gregory Amaris, were based on the world of Bucklands within the Finmark Province of the Republic. The Star League had initiated Operation MAILED FIST in mid-2581, but the SLDF plans had been forced to change after a deep raid by the one of the Second's sister regiments, the Fourth Amaris Fusiliers, had managed to strike at the Lyran Commonwealth interior world of Alarion.
The result was the reorganisation of the SLDF forces and their auxiliaries into three battlegroups, each responsible for the pacification of one of the three provinces that made up the Rim Worlds Republic. Bucklands and the Second Fusiliers were the first targets of the battlegroup assigned to pacifying the Finmark Province, and the SLDF deployed VIII Corps - which actually consisted of two divisions, the Thirty-First Armor Division and the Thirty-Second Division at the time, but was still predominantly an infantry corps - to the battle for Bucklands.
VIII Corps planners thought that Buckland's broad plains would give them an advantage over the Rim Worlds Republic military forces stationed on the world. This proved incorrect, as the light armor forces within the Second Fusiliers proved very adept at evading SLDF patrols, repeatedly slipping past patrols and pickets to strike at weak points within the SLDF positions. The sheer tenacity displayed by the Rim Worlds defenders - a unit the SLDF was notionally supporting with their campaign to restore Gregory Amaris to power - was a shock for VIII Corps, whose infantry-heavy forces frequently found themselves on the retreat despite the numerical advantage the SLDF enjoyed on paper. The net result was an indication of what the SLDF would find happening on numerous other worlds within the Republic - an extended seven month campaign before Bucklands was pacified and the defending forces finally broken.
Amaris Civil War
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Amaris Fusiliers|
- During the Reunification War the Second Fusiliers receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132-133, "Alarion (December 2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582-2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Helbrent to Nightwish (July 2582 - November 2584)"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p.85
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"