2nd Amaris Legionnaires
|2nd Amaris Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 2595)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Legionnaires|
Forces from Task Force MAILED FIST, the Star League forces assigned to Operation MAILED FIST - an intervention into the long-running civil war in the Rim Worlds Republic - encountered the Second Amaris Legionnaires on Taran's World in 2595.
The Civil War had begun in 2575 and the factions had polarized around those loyal to First Consul Gregory Amaris and those loyal to the Rift Republican Army and the Rim Provisional Government. The Second Legionnaires had remained loyal to Amaris and had been stationed on Taran's World for more than fifteen years by the time the SLDF encountered them.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. The first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the 4th Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
The officer commanding Task Force MAILED FIST, General Nathan Isaacson, assigned a division from VI Corps to the assault on Taran's World; with the capture of Steelton earlier in the year, Task Force MAILED FIST had secured the approaches to Apollo, but Isaacson wanted the Second Legionnaires - the last active Rim Worlds Army formation outside of Apollo - contained prior to the battle for Apollo itself. The Seventeenth Royal Division were deployed forward from Bensinger and successfully captured Taran's World, remaining in place as the local garrison until the end of Operation MAILED FIST in late 2596.
|Commanding Officers of 2nd Amaris Legionnaires|
- During the Reunification War the Second Legionnaires receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-Off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 155, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 130, "The Spark"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 153, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 139, "Bitter Harvests (2591-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"