2nd Andurien Cavalry
|Second Andurien Cavalry|
|Nickname||The Barded Bards|
|Affiliation||Duchy of Andurien|
|Parent Command||Andurien Cavalry|
Like its other sister regiments, the Second is a response unit designed to reinforce planetary militias when they face forces beyond their capacities to handle. The unit nickname, the Barded Bards, was given due to their custom of singing war songs over the communications frequency during the early stages of deployments, until combat actually begins.
The Victoria War
During the Victoria War in 3104, Duchess Evelyn Humphreys dispatched nearly the entire ADF as part of the invasion of the Capellan Confederation. This was an opportunity to gain worlds while the Confederation was being invaded by the Federated Suns. At the time, the Andurien Cavalry numbered only two regiments. While the First Andurien Cavalry was sent to the frontlines of the invasion, the Second itself remained behind on Claybrooke due to a lack of enough JumpShip assets to move the regiment into the frontlines. However, their position proved to be a boon to the Duchy in the aftermath as the invasion of the Confederation began to fail. They ended up facing the Confederation's allies who responded to need help in counterattacking the invasion. While they could have held the world for the Duchy, they responded to the Duchess's orders to withdraw to Cursa. They only suffered 35% losses, their performance proving the brigade's methods of combat were valid. The Second's performance saved the brigade from being consolidated into the Andurien Rangers after the loss of the First Cavalry.
Late Dark Age
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Andurien Cavalry|
The Cavalry's specialty is Long Range combat.
- CO: Colonel Alison Burns
Third Andurien Light Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Al Dodson
Seventy-first Andurien Tank Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Cindy Campos
Twelfth Andurien Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Palmer Scott
The Second Cavalry along with others in the brigade deploy lighter BattleMechs, while its Combat Vehicles and Aerospace fighters never venture into Heaviest categories to remain with Brigade's doctrine of mobility. However, unlike other regiments the Cavalry does adopt Medium-class BattleMechs should they be salvaged in the field.
Historical Wars of the Republic Era
- While randomly rolling up units when they are Combat Vehicles and AeroSpace Fighters, replace assault-class Combat Vehicles for Heavies and Heavy-class AeroSpace Fighters for Mediums.
- The Cavalry gains a +2 Bonus for To-hit rolls for attacks made at long-range and extreme range. However, suffer a -1 for short range To-hit weapons and physical attacks.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 113-114 & 117 "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force" - Unit background and other factors. Unit info mention the brigade was formed just after the Rangers were formed in 3070s.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117 "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force" - Unit status and officers.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era pp. 54, 63-65, 99 - "Unit History during the Victoria War".
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rules Annex - "Special Command Ability notes the 2nd Andurien Cavalry focus their tactics in long-range Combat.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rulex Annex - "Special Command Ability notes the unit uses lighter weight combat vehicles and fighters.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rulex Annex - "Special Command Ability note the 2nd Andurien Cavalry benefits for Long-Range Combat, but penalties fight close-in combat.