2nd Andurien Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Second Andurien Guards|
|Affiliation||Duchy of Andurien|
|Parent Command||Andurien Guards|
The Dark Age
Like the other regiments of the Andurien Guards, the Second Andurien Guard was founded to act as a defensive force, taking advantage of heavy equipment to stand up to invaders, in deliberate contrast with the hit-and-run tactics of the sister regiments in the Andurien Rangers. The Second was one of the Andurien Guard regiments to be founded during the Dark Age, after the Duchy of Andurien had seceded from the Free Worlds League during the Jihad. The Second was assigned to defend the region's trade center on Mosiro.
After the terrible Kwamashu Incident in February 3137, Andurien had gone to war with the Oriente Protectorate. The Second began to reinforce its position on Mosiro, taking position in the planet's commercial center located in the city of Al-Hassam; the Second trained with the Mosiro Planetary Militia, and made efforts to plan their fight to keep potential invaders from hitting the capital city of Al-Ilb. In June, word was put out from smaller sister unit located on El Giza that an Oriente invasion force had arrived on-planet. The commander of the Second ordered them to buy time with their lives to allow the Mosiro militia to reinforce their positions.
The Covenant Worlds 1st Expeditionary Force landed in early July; the Second fought fierce battles to save Mosiro from the invaders, often fighting building to building within the commercial district of Al-Hassam, but in the end, the invaders destroyed the Second Andurien Guard forces on Mosiro.
The Second relied more on their aerospace forces than any other regiment of the Guard, as well as having the largest single aerospace contingent of any Guard regiment. Between 3138 and 3145 the aerospace detachment of the Second Andurien Guards captured six enemy vessels.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Andurien Guards|
With an emphasis on defensive operations, the Second used heavy aerospace fighters to demoralize invading forces through ground-support and bombing attacks. The Second specialized in using their aerospace fighter support; the Second's ground forces were also used to advancing under the cover provided by bombing runs, taking advantage of the psychological effect bombing had on their targets.
Colors and Insignia
The paint scheme used by the Second consisted of vertical stripes in alternating shades of khaki and green.
- CO: Colonel Darius Maldonado
Second Guard Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Commander Royce Haney
Second Guard Armor Battalion (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major Kyle Hernandez
Second Guard Infantry Brigade (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Fidel Bean
- Field Manual: 3145 refers to the Andurien Guards as the Andurien Guard in the text, but the Andurien Guards in the unit table listing.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 113, "Andurien Guard"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 48
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"