2nd Arcturan Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Second Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Erato Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Arcturan Guards brigade was originally founded as the Capitol Guards when the Lyran Commonwealth was founded as a nation in 2341, and the brigade changed its name to the Arcturan Guards sixty years later when the government of the Commonwealth was relocated from Arcturus to Tharkad. The Second Arcturan Guards was one of the nine founding units of the Guards, and like the other Guards units was named for a muse from ancient mythology - in this case, Erato.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Second struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Second a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
In the mid 2760s the command staff of the Second cracked down on the traditional Liezen "hazing" of new recruits. This hazing was a long-held and largely harmless practice that involved the new recruits having to serenade a ten-year veteran of the Second currently serving in the unit. While the command staff might have anticipated a certain amount of backlash from the personnel within the regiment, what caught the command staff by surprise was the animosity expressed by the locals of Liezen, who responded to the ban by throwing produce - and other less savory materials - at them.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Arcturan Guards|
- Second Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Second were stationed on Liezen.
2786 - 2821
2nd Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Liezen. The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- The Second Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- According to Greek mythology the Muse Erato was the Muse of lyric poetry, particularly love poetry and erotic poetry.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139