2nd Capellan Chargers
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|Second Capellan Chargers|
|Parent Command||Capellan Chargers|
Tracing its origins back to the Capellan Hegemony Armed Forces, the Second Capellan Chargers were amongst the premiere offensive formations of the Capellan Hegemony and, later, the Capellan Confederation. Maintaining the traditions and ideals of the Capellan state, the First Chargers were active throughout the Age of War and remained an active part of the Capellan military even during the relatively peaceful years of the Star League.
The Second Capellan Chargers were formed originally as a heavy guard unit charged with protecting the Library of the Capellan Republic. Over the centuries the role of the Second Chargers evolved and they were active across the entire Confederation during the Age of War, usually being found in the midst of any Capellan offensive. The Second Chargers were one of two regiments within the Chargers to remain active after other formations had been transferred to the newly-formed Star League Defense Force during the buildup to the Reunification War or deactivated following the formation of the Star League.
Despite being largely assigned to quiet garrison duty during the Star League era, the cavaliers of the Second Chargers maintained their combat prowess through a regiment of constant drill, and no matter where the Second Chargers were assigned the regiment continued to maintain an honor guard at the Library of the Capellan Republic, even after the Capellan Chargers began to rapidly expand again as a brigade following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 by the Star League Council in 2752.
As with the other regiments of Chargers the cavaliers of the Second were heavily indoctrinated with the brigade mythos of the apparent-invincibility, an attitude that had the potential to become a critical flaw in combat.
First Succession War
As one of the premier regiments serving the Capellan Confederation at the start of the First Succession War, the Capellan Chargers won many battles against opponents of equal strength or better. However, their unwillingness to retreat or surrender made them vulnerable to nuclear weapons and overwhelming odds. The unit was destroyed by the end of the First Succession War.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Capellan Chargers|
Second Capellan Chargers
- Note: The Second Chargers were a regular regiment of reliable loyalty and were based on the world of Les Halles.
Second Capellan Chargers (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Second was a medium-weight regiment operating at full strength and was stationed on Les Halles.
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 9, "Capellan Chargers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 34, "Capellan Chargers"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF) - Deployment Table"