2nd Lyran Regulars
|2nd Lyran Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Regulars|
The 2nd Lyran Regulars was a military command in the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces.
Star League Era
The regiments of the Lyran Regulars were prone to being disbanded and reactivated as needed; each time a regiment was reactivated, it would be populated with a mix of re-enlisted veterans and fresh recruits, before being assigned to a garrison posting to free up a line regiment for active service. During peacetime, the Regulars would then disband down to a much smaller size as a brigade, awaiting the next time they would be called on.
The 2nd Lyran Regulars were an active command in 2765, deployed to the Dove system to protect the Steiner Aerospace Manufacturing complex located in the system. The prodigious output of the SAM complex gave the posting the appearance of being a politically important posting - SAM's production rates outmatched almost any system other than Sol - but the system was so defended that the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces believed only a large naval fleet could threaten the system with an assault, and such an action was unlikely because of the likelihood of it attracting the attention of the Star League Defense Force.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Lyran Regulars|
2nd Lyran Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Second was stationed in the Dove system.
2786 - 2821
2nd Lyran Regulars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Dove. In 2821 the command was reduced to 30 percent of its strength and was deployed on Caldrea. 
2nd Lyran Regulars (Regiment/\/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Caldrea with an operational readiness of 76 percent. 
2nd Lyran Regulars (Regiment/-/-) 
- Note: At this point in time the -weight unit was stationed on [] with an operational readiness of 0 percent. 
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 15, "Lyran Regulars"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99