2nd Menkar Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|2nd Menkar Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Menkar Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Menkar. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 1st.
The 24th Division first appeared in the Inner Sphere in October, 3068 in form a swift invasion of the world of Menkar. The Division's surprise invasion hit Menkar's few defenders hard. With the use of weapons of mass-destruction, the planet's leaders quickly surrendered. The 24th remained on the planet for six months, setting up the world's new Menkar Protectorate Militia before departing.
The government surrendered to the Word of Blake to avoid further damage to the planet, but with a twist: One week after the Blakists installed their garrison and departed a plague swept through their camp. This plague killed every Blakist soldier on the world as well as 10% of the planet's population. After the Jihad the government released information that indicated the 10% of the population volunteered to be infected in order to spread the disease to the Blakists.
During the last week of July 3075 the CCAF launched a campaign against the Word of Blake Protectorate garrisons on Menkar, Pleione and Wei. The civilian population of the three worlds took tens of thousands of civilian casualties during the offensive, as the Capellan forces used nuclear weapons to defeat the Blakists.
|Commanding Officers of 2nd Menkar Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 106, "Menkar World Profile"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"