2nd New Canton Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd New Canton Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd New Canton Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in New Canton. As of 3075 it was of the two only unit raised from this planet along the 1st New Canton Protectorate Militia.
The Word of Blake annexed New Canton early in the Jihad and declared the planet to be a part of the Word of Blake Protectorate under their total control in August 3071. Data recovered late in the Jihad showed that the Blakist's proclamation was somewhat precipitous; Stalwart Support, a conventional infantry regiment under the command of Colonel Sanders, went to ground on New Canton and offered stiff and continued resistance for two years until the last of the unit was destroyed in 3073. The infantry platoons within Stalwart Support were particularly fond of using TAG Spotter Infantry and Heavy Foot LRM Infantry in combination with heavy cover to inflict disproportionate amounts of damage on the Blakist units garrisonning the world.
The destiny of the Protectorate Militia units of these planets is unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd New Canton Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 6, "Key Infantry"
- Field Manual: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor/Clans Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"