2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3076)|
|Parent Formation||Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate and first assigned to defend New Earth. As of 3075 it was the one of the three unit raised from this planet along its sister units the 1st New Earth Protectorate Militia Division and the 3rd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division.
New Earth was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate by conquest on the 7th of October 3068. The Word of Blake forces responsible for conquering New Earth allegedly used tactical nuclear weapons to secure their hold on the planet. Subsequently, one of the garrison units on New Earth, the Pinky's Irregulars, attempted to break contract with the Word of Blake in 3073 and the Blakists responded by destroying the Irregulars. The remains of the Irregulars would remain trapped under the north polar ice cap of New Earth until Skibinski's Salvage recovered ten of the eleven 'Mechs belonging to Pinky's Irregulars in the mid 3080s, along with the bodies of eight of the Irregulars.
Dissidents within the Grumman-New Earth branch began to harbor doubts about the actions being taken by the Word of Blake outside of the Word of Blake Protectorate, and in 3071 those dissidents began smuggling Zephyrs to enemies of the Protectorate, with figures as high up as Vice President Rudolph Brice assisting in the smuggling efforts. More than two hundred Zephyrs were smuggled out from the New Earth facility before the dissidents departed on a long "retreat" at Grumman's headquarters on Terra, and when the smuggling operations were uncovered the entire New Earth facility was placed under lockdown pending detailed investigations. Rudolph Brice was targeted by a Word of Blake detainment team that raided Grumman's offices in the early 3070s; having been identified as being responsible for diverting Zephyrs to both black marketeers within the Word of Blake Protectorate and agents within the Skye region of the Lyran Alliance. Brice narrowly escaped the detainment team and went on the run, with the Word of Blake placing a bounty of 75 million C-Bills on his head.
The 2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division was one of the few Protectorate Militia Divisions to be moved from its homeworld and deployed in an offensive action by the Word of Blake. In the case of the 2nd New Earth, this involved being deployed in a Blakist counteroffensive on Dyev against forces from Clan Ghost Bear. The other forces who joined the 2nd New Earth on Dyev were the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions augmented by the 3rd Bryant, 1st Lipton and 1st Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions.
It was reported by Word of Blake media outlets that the 32nd, New Earth and Zosma Divisions used the fortifications established on Dyev by the Draconis Combine to resist attacks from the Ghost Bear Kappa and Pi Galaxies.
Both the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions are known to have been destroyed on Dyev in 3076; it is therefore very likely that the less well-equipped 2nd New Earth was also destroyed in the same miltiary action.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division|
The 2nd New Earth was setup as a Combined Arms-style Combat Formation. While unspecified with what the Division deployed, typically the Protectorate Division consists of combat force with 1/3 being BattleMechs, while rest of the Division consisting of Vehicles and Infantry/Battle Armor and Aerospace Fighters. Despite the being listed as a Division, the formation is
- 2nd New Earth Protectorate Militia Division (Combined Arms Regiments)(unknown skill level/unknown loyalty level.
- Notes: It is unclear what composition the Division was precisely, or it's naming of it's individual LeveL III (Battalion-size) and lesser formations within it.
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 127, "Protectorate Militias"
- Total Chaos, pp. 68-69
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, p. 229
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 36, "Deployment"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 162, "Zephyr"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p[. 101, 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p[. 101, 103 - Protectorate Militia Deployment.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"