2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs
- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs|
|Parent Command||New Ivaarsen Chasseurs|
Fourth Succession War
During the Fourth Succession War the Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs were deployed to New Hessen. There they faced the 2nd New Hessen Irregulars. The Irregulars attempted to use their superior knowledge of the terrain to destroy the Chasseurs, but the Chasseurs were able to seize Buchvaal, the planet's capital.
In 3050, they were defeated by Clan Jade Falcon on Anywhere during the first wave of Operation REVIVAL, facing the Eighth Falcon Regulars. The Chasseurs had just been rotated to the planet, and were unfamiliar with its terrain. It is unclear if any of the Chasseurs made it off planet.
The unit was rebuilt in 3062 with new academy graduates from New Ivaarsen. Their sister regiment transferred many experienced officers and noncommissioned officers into the unit, but it was only with extensive training and preparation that the unit was able to come together.
Like the First New Ivaarsen Chasseurs, the Second did not participate in the FedCom Civil War. Instead they were kept on New Ivaarsen to protect that world. After the FedCom Civil War ended, the Second was transferred to Dobson to guard the Draconis Combine/Federated Suns border.
During the early years of the Jihad the Second raided Galedon to liberate several prisoner of war camps. They were joined by the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry and 2nd Robinson Rangers. After making planetfall, the unit was exposed to the "Curse of Galedon" plague and most of the soldiers died. The few survivors made it to An Ting, but the unit was destroyed.
The reconstituted Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs were stationed on Barlow's End when the Draconis Combine invaded. They pulled back and left the world to the Ryuken-roku. During the withdrawal, they deployed a platoon of Destrier Siege Vehicles to cover their movements.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs|
|Colonel||Reginald Stephenson||3025 - 3028|
|Leftenant General||Jacob Greensville||3050|
|Leftenant General||Winona Stephenson-Voss||3062|
Because the unit was only recently formed they have yet to develop any unique battlefield tactics.
2nd New Ivaarsen Chausseurs (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Reginald Stephenson 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on New Valencia. 
2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical) 
- CO: Leftenant General Jacob Greensville 
- Note: At this point in time the command was stationed on Anywhere. 
- CO: Leftenant General Winona Stephenson-Voss
- CO: Light Commodore Anya Velacek
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, pp. 10-11
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 36
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 99, "2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 131
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 140
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 8
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 28
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 138 (PDF version), "Kestrel Combat Region"
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, p. 11 "Homefiel advantage", battle result
- 20 Year Update p. 25
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 93
- Historical: War of 3039, p.136
- 20 Year Update, p. 25