2nd Raven Garrison (Clan Snow Raven)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Raven Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Kappa Garrison Galaxy|
The 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster is a Clan Snow Raven second-line combat formation. The unit, along with its sister clusters, are assigned to the Kappa Galaxy.
The unit insignia is a Roman numeral "II" blazed on a white disk.
Ejection from York
The 2nd Raven had originally been assigned to defend the Snow Raven's enclave on York until it was pushed off by Clan Blood Spirit's Upsilon Provisional Galaxy in 3059. The unit's commander, Star Colonel Kelse Howe, was heavily criticized for being ejected from York and losing the enclave. However, she fought the duel with Upsilon's Galaxy Commander Hunter Lewis to save the Cluster from destruction. After receiving a prosthetic arm the Star Colonel was able to return to active duty.
Prior to losing contact with SLDF intelligence in Clan Space in 3068, it was reported that some of the Garrison Cluster was facing off against elements of Clan Goliath Scorpion's Chi Galaxy on Circe. One notable action reported was a Point of Chrysaor ProtoMechs defending against a group of Elemental Battle Armor. The Cluster's ProtoMechs were not initially able to inflict enough damage against the Elementals, whom had taken up defensive positions. However, they fared well using the Chrysaor's speed to outmaneuver the Elementals and started to cut their force down. 2nd Raven's ProtoMechs pursued the damaged Elementals, unfortunately to be wiped out by a Griffin IIC from the 3rd Scorpion Seekers Cluster.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Raven Garrison|
|Star Colonel||Kelse Howe||3061 - 3067|
- 5 Trinaries
- Note: Unit was rated Regular Skill and Reliable loyalty to the Clan.
It is unclear what happened to the 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster after the Inner Sphere lost contact with Clan Space.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 133 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster - Unit Insignia noted.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 133 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster - unit history includes Star Colonel's duel that saved the Cluster from destruction.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 36, "Upsilon Provisional Galaxy"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 158 Chrysaor/Deployment - Raven's Chrysaors are wiped out by a Griffin IIC from 3rd Scorpion Seekers.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 79 Deployment Table for Warden Clans as of 3067 - 2nd Raven Garrison Cluster.