2nd Rio Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|2nd Rio Protectorate Militia|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Second Rio Protectorate Militia is one of the many militia forces raised by the Word of Blake to defend its Protectorate. The unit was deployed on Rio. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 1st Rio Protectorate Militia.
Allied coalition forces scouted the planet on the 25th of March 3076. An assault by coalition forces began on the 1st of July. Coalition forces, with support from LAAF and AFFS units, fought against mercenary forces, including half of Gannon's Cannons. Their flank shattered, the WoB forces retreated and became encircled. The defenders surrendered after a devastating series of artillery strikes and bombing runs.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Rio Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, pp. 154-155 "SLUGGER’S PARADISE"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"