2nd Scorpion Hussars (Escorpión Imperio)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Scorpion Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3086)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy|
Clan Goliath Scorpion
The Second Scorpion Hussars were the premiere recon and terrain-mapping unit in the Scorpion touman. They were able to quickly create maps of enemy positions. They used this ability to their advantage when they took Tokasha; by occupying the empty Clan Ghost Bear enclave there, they fooled the Diamond Sharks into wasting time and resources taking an empty outpost. They then took up a garrison position on planet and were still there in 3067.
As part of Tau Galaxy they saw limited fighting in the Wars of Reaving remaining a defensive formation. It is likely that the Cluster was still on Tokasha when Clan Stone Lion moved against the Scorpion holdings in 3079, before being recalled to Roche by the Khan. From here Tau Galaxy moved to Waypoint 531, before attacking Granada, the capital of the Umayyad Caliphate in January 3080. The world was captured within a week, but it saw the death of Galaxy Commander Evelyn Buhallin. 
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Scorpion Hussars (Clan Ghost Bear)|
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Scorpion Hussars (Escorpión Imperio)|
Skilled at reconnaissance-in-force techniques to quickly and accurately map enemy dispositions.
The Cluster was at 57% full strength - rated Green and Reliable.
The Cluster was at 35% full strength - rated Regular.
The Second's recon ability means that they can find up to half of their opponent's Hidden Units (opponent decides which hidden units are revealed).
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 116, "2nd Scorpion Hussars Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 157-158, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 160-161, "Imperio Militar del Escorpión (as of 3086)"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 183