309th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|309th Division IV-mu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Purpose, Always Purpose (3050)|
|Parent Formation||First Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
While the bulk of the First Army was selected to face Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, the 309th was assigned to bolster the forces detailed to fight Clan Jade Falcon. Activated to halt the Falcons' retreat off Tukayyid, the Three-Hundred and Ninth confronted the elite Second Falcon Jaegers. In some of the most bloodthirsty fighting to have occurred on Tukayyid, both units practically destroyed each other, the green 309th inflicting nearly 70% losses on the Jaegers, but suffering even worse damage in return.  
Despite its valiant efforts against the Jaegers, with almost all its equipment lost and so few of the unit's members left alive, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the Three-Hundred and Ninth Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
|Commanding Officers of the 309th Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor||Rennard Thordarson||3050 - 3052|
309th Division (Division/Green)
- Note: At this point in time the 309th Division was stationed on Irurzun.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "1st V-iota"
- Tukayyid, p. 58 "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 95 "Taking Wing: Operation Revival and Beyond (3048-3057)"