309th Royal BattleMech Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|309th Royal BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Black Charger Division|
|Parent Formation||LVII Corps|
The Three Hundred Ninth Royal BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was one of the SLDF's Royal units, which consisted of troops from the Terran Hegemony. The force was originally part of the Terran Hegemony's armed forces and had gained fame during its defense of Hegemony prior to the formation of the Star League.
In Service of the Terran Hegemony
The Black Chargers were key in holding off a House Liao invasion force that was attempting to take Terra Firma in 2409. The Division was alone and held out for two months against House Liao's superior numbers on the ground and Naval support. After the second month, Hegemony forces arrived to rescue the Division and help turn away the Liao invaders.
In Service of the Star League
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the LVII Corps, Sixth Army, to District 2 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 309th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 309th Royal BattleMech Division|
- Star League Sourcebook, p. 27 - Judith Cameron - Black Charger's noted for their actions for holding off Liao forces.
- The Star League, p. 154, "Sixth"
- The Star League, p. 133