321st Division (ComStar)
|321st Division IV-beta|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Com Guard Grenadiers|
|Parent Formation||Fourth Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion the veteran ranked 321st Division, then a xi-based formation referred to by the nickname of Pure Duty, was assigned to the Second Army, and was headquartered on the Draconis Combine world of Proserpina.
Transferred to assist the divisions of the Sixth Army against Clan Steel Viper, the 321st was stationed alongside the 401st Division just outside the Devil's Bath. As the battered Steel Viper galaxies finally emerged, both division attacked and broke through Gamma Galaxy's line. While not forcing the Clan forces into retreat themselves, they did block the Vipers long enough for further reinforcements to arrive and drive them back. 
Like many surviving divisions, the now tempered and elite 321st chose a new nickname based on their experiences, Com Guard Grenadiers. Rebuilt as a rebuilt as a 'Mech heavy IV-beta formation, the 321st was reassigned to the Twelfth Army in 3053 to defend against any further Clan aggression, taking up headquarters first on Orestes  and then Ueda. 
With the lessened Clan threat after the Great Refusal and increasing tensions in St. Ives Compact, Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion transferred the 321st along with the along with the 403rd Division to bolster the Fourth Army in 3061. Headquartered on Warlock to aid in the defense of the ComStar financed expansion to the Ceres Metals Industries there, Level III sized units have been deployed on nearby worlds such as Maladar and Teng.  
Unfortunately, contrary to ComStar's professed neutrality, the the 321s's made the fateful decision to secretly aid Cassandra Allard-Liao's forces during the Capellan-St. Ives War, offering both intelligence on the Confederation forces and materiel support. The 321st would also engage in a number of minor skirmishes with the CCAF during the tail-end of the conflict, the reasons and attacking side varying on each world, and neither side chose to escalate the conflicts at the time. This changed after the 321st's secret aid came to light, with the Capellan Confederation angrily declaring the unit persona non grata within Liao space and prompting Precentor-Martial pro tem Gavin Dow to reprimand its CO and order the division's withdrawal to Beid in the Federated Suns.  
|Commanding Officers of the 321st Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor||Earl Hunsperger||Prior to the Clan Invasion|
|Precentor||Tamatha Sparks||3052 - 3067|
The 321st Division is able to use small unit with great effect. 
321st Division (Division/Veteran)
- Note: At this point in time the 321st Division was stationed on Proserpina.
321st Division (Division/Elite)
- Note: At this point in time the 321st Division was stationed on Orestes.
- The Banshee's Wail III-beta: Demi-Precentor II Nicholas Liapes
- Points of Light III-gamma: Demi-Precentor IV Edward Tenner
- Black Hole III-alpha: Demi-Precentor III Jos Wishner
- Blinding Flash III-gamma: Demi-Precentor VI Brad Morrissey
- The Long Wait III-beta: Demi-Precentor VII Dan Lawlor
- Over the Wall III-alpha: Demi-Precentor X Jas Hutt
- The insignia of the Three-Hundred and Twenty-First Division shows a 'Mech's foot crushing a snake. 
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70
- Tukayyid, p. 79, "Campaign: Clan Steel Viper"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 22 "2nd Army V-Mu: The Iron Warriors"
- ComStar, p. 85, "12th Army V-Beta"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 40 "321st Division (Com Guard Grenadiers IV-beta)"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 27, "4th Army V-Iota: The Defenders of Honor"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 85, "4th Army V-Iota (The Defenders of Honor)"
- Field Manual: Comstar, p .137