321st Hussar Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|321st Hussar Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||XLIII Corps|
The Three Hundred Twenty-first Hussar Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, to the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising.
The 321st Hussar Regiment had interests involved with the Magistracy of Canopus from at least facilitating the pre-construction efforts for the 2550 Shadow Hawk 4H production line, establishing BattleMech part construction capabilities to serve the Rim Worlds Alliance BattleMech development programs before their fate was unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the 321st almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The 321st is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Eighth ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784, along with the Third Striker Regiment, Eighty-ninth Dragoon Regiment and 231st Striker Regiment. Following Operation SILVER SHIELD in June 2788, in which ComStar's Expeditionary Divisions seized control of Terra, the vast majority of the Expeditionary Divisions were demobilized and their equipment cached for the future, forming the basis of the later Com Guard.
|Commanding Officers of the 321st Hussar Regiment|
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"
- The Star League, p. 133