32nd Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Thirty-second Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Thirty-second Wolf Garrison Cluster was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Thirty-second and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largesse, there still wasn't enough to allow the Thirty-second to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Thirty-second had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Thirty-second and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Thirty-second in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Thirty-second to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
|Commanding Officers of the 32nd Wolf Garrison Cluster (Wolf Empire)|
Thirty-second Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Nicholas
- - At this point in time the Thirty-second was stationed on Midkiff and was operating at half-strength. Although the Thirty-second lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"