34th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|34th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XIV Corps|
The Thirty-Fourth Royal Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was one of the SLDF's Royal units, which consisted of troops from the Terran Hegemony.
In 2764 the Thirty-fourth was a part of XIV Corps within the Fourteenth Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Thirty-fourth was then transferred to District 3 of the DCMR by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The Thirty-Fourth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 34th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133