35th Dieron Regulars
|Thirty-fifth Dieron Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Dieron Regulars|
First Succession War
The Thirty-fifth Dieron Regulars were one of three regiments of Dieron Regulars to be created by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery during the First Succession War, the other two regiments being the Thirty-fourth and Thirty-sixth Dieron Regulars. In 2800 the Thirty-fifth invaded Ronel, a former Terran Hegemony system that had been annexed by the Federated Suns during the closing years of the Star League era, but which had been captured by the Capellan Confederation in 2787.
Assigned to Ronel as the garrison when the Thirty-fifth invaded were the Ariana Grenadiers, a BattleMech regiment from the Chesterton Reserves brigade, supported by two regiments of sealed armor. The Ariana Grenadiers had only recently arrived on Ronel, having previously been assigned to Demeter, and the Grenadiers were still adjusting to life on Ronel - a considerably more desolate world than Demeter, and one with a noticeably higher gravity. The Thirty-fifth battled the Grenadiers in the gnarled forests near the city of Lenor, and began the attack with an artillery barrage of incendiary and smokescreen munitions that left the Grenadiers confused and disorientated. The Thirty-fifth's aerospace forces wiped out half of the supporting armor before the Grenadiers attempted to disengage, and when the Grenadiers pulled back they discovered that the Thirty-fifth had reduced their numbers to little more than a battalion. Pressure from the Thirty-fifth turned the Grenadiers' attempt at an orderly retreat into a rout, with the Thirty-fifth keeping the retreating Capellan forces under heavy fire all the way to their DropShips. When the Grenadiers fled from Ronel, a mixed battalion of 'Mechs and armor were left behind; the survivors, convinced that they had been sent to Ronel as sacrifical lambs - and under a certain amount of persuasion from the victorious Thirty-fifth - abandoned the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces and formed a new mercenary command, the Bad Dream, immediately accepting a contract from the DCMS.
|Commanding Officers of the 35th Dieron Regulars|
- Thirty-fifth Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Thirty-fifth were a light-weight regiment operating at just above half-strength, and were stationed on Ronel.
35th Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Ronel with an operational readiness of 92 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- First Succession War, p. 137, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS)"
- First Succession War, p. 82, "Caught In The Capellan Crossfire"
- First Succession War, p. 45, "Neglected Front: Liao Takes Advantage"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 97