38th Amaris Fusiliers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|38th Amaris Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2775)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Fusiliers|
During Operation APOTHEOSIS the Thirty-Eighty Amaris Fusiliers led the efforts to secure the Terran Hegemony world of Castor for the Amaris Empire. Over the next decade the Fusiliers worked to maintain control of Castor, using various strong-arm tactics to raise a strong Patriot contingent on the planet, whilst imprisoning government officials and other prominent citizens. Hundreds of thousands were imprisoned and their valuables confiscated, and tens of thousands of those imprisoned were never seen again during the Fusiliers' tenure on Castor.
In January 2775 Stefan Amaris redeployed large numbers of Amaris Empire Armed Forces to a dozen worlds such as Castor due to be abandoned to the advancing Star League Defense Force and supplied them with Weapons of Mass Destruction to use against both the SLDF forces and civilian targets to force Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky to devote additional resources to preserve civilian populations on shattered wasteland worlds, buying a few brief months of delay in return for unimaginable human hardship before pulling back to defend Terra.
Having scorched Castor, the Thirty-eighth Fusiliers ignored the recall order to withdraw to Terra, instead abandoning Amaris and heading into the Free Worlds League, landing on Ariel, Jiddah and Cranston to take on food and supplies before they vanished - one of five assorted Republican regiments identified by historians as having escaped from the occupation of the Hegemony largely intact. Assumed to have made contact with former Secret Army allies in either the Magistracy of Canopus or Taurian Concordat later evidence indicated that elements of the Thirty-eighth Fusiliers would turn to piracy and go onto become the Cameron's Curse pirate band.
|Commanding Officers of the 38th Amaris Fusiliers|
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 104-105, "Endgame - Run For Your Life"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 33, "Planets on Fire"
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind - Joining Periphery/Going Rogue"