394th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|394th Division IV-tau|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The White Lions|
|Parent Formation||5th Army (ComStar)|
Prior to the initial Clan Invasion the veteran rated Three-Hundred and Ninty-Fourth Division was assigned to the Twelfth Army. Then a IV-lambda based formation, the 394th's headquarters world was Otho in the Draconis Combine.
While the bulk of the 12th Army faced Clan Nova Cat, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht assigned the 394th to assist the divisions of the relatively inexperienced Third and Eleventh Armies combat Clan Jade Falcon, the Three-Hundred and Ninety-Fourth the closest division to the Falcon's assigned landing zones.
Allowing them to land unopposed, Focht exploited the Jade Falcons cautious and slow moving advance by ordering Precentor Gesicki to pull her scouts back and have the 394th "strike and hiss", to engage in hit and run attacks that were shown to most effective again the Clans. Venturing out in Level II groups, the troops of the 394th proceeded to launch endless ambushes on the Falcon advance, unleashing a massive hail of fire and retreating before the Clan warriors could effectively engage them. Suffering only minimal losses in return, the 394th's attacks convinced the overly cautious Jade Falcons that they were facing not one but multiple divisions from the Eleventh Army, successfully delaying their advance and buying the defenders of Plough Bridge and Robyn's Crossing vital time to prepare. Tying up the Falcons for almost a week, far-longer than the Precentor Martial had anticipated, Focht ordered the exhausted 394th to withdrawal for reset and refit, holding them back in reserve to defend against a possible Falcon breakout that never eventuated.
Now rated elite after their efforts on Tukayyid, the 394th was transferred from the 12th Army to bolster the shattered Fifth Army, moving their headquarters first to Procyon in the Sarna March alongside the Sixth Army's 31st Division  and then Hall after Operation Guerrero in 3057.  The division's morale almost bottomed out after their withdrawal from Procyon allowed the Sirian Holds Massacres to occur, but Precentor Martial Focht's selection of the 394th to travel with the relief force to Huntress boosted them immeasurably, enhanced further when the 394th then CO Precentor Harvison was selected to lead ComStar's forces in the Great Refusal.
While the morale of other divisions of the Fifth Army was still poor after continuing pressure from both the Capellan Confederation and the Word of Blake, as well as Gavin Dow's short-lived tenure as Precentor Martial-Pro Tem during the FedCom Civil War, the 394th were the exception, the division in good spirits since their return from Clan space thanks to the efforts of new CO Precentor Reine and a series of successful operations in the Chaos March. 
The White Lions took part in the ill-fated Case White attack on Terra in March 3068. During the attack on Terra they designated the city of Houston as their emergency evacuation point. The city, and all the members of the 394th in it, were destroyed by nuclear weapons. They were also blamed by the Word of Blake for the use of nuclear weapons in Houston.
|Commanding Officers of the 394th Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor||Anna Gesicki||3050 - 3052|
|Precentor||Harris Harvison||3052 - 3061|
|Precentor||Elayne Rein||3061 - 3067|
394th Division (Division/Veteran)
- Note: At this point in time the 394th Division was stationed on Otho.
394th Division (Division/Elite) 
- Manyfold Paths III-tau - Demi-Precentor VI Julius Havanna
- The Mummers III-rho - Demi-Precentor V Joseph Czart
- Bloodied Hopes III-tau - Demi-Precentor I Edwin Rymek The
- Lion's Mane III-phi - Demi-Precentor III Antonio Velez
- Moonchildren III-sigma - Demi-Precentor IX Renee Dempster
- The Bull Dancers III-upsilon - Demi-Precentor II Orson Baker
- The Division's insignia shows a lion rampant on a golden sunburst. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 71 "12th V-nu"
- Blood of Kerensky Omnibus Epub, p. 921 "Lost Destiny - Chapter Thirty-One"
- Tukayyid, pp. 58-59, "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- ComStar, pp. 70-71 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, p. 50 "Days of Armageddon - Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, pp. 30-32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 31 "Factions - ComStar - 394th Division (White Lions)"
- ComStar, p. 85, "5th Army V-omicron"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 29
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 85
- A Loyal Son of Terra
- The Shaded Light
- 20-Year Update, p. 71
- 'ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85'