3rd Alexandrian Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|3rd Alexandrian Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 2238)|
|Parent Formation||Terran Alliance|
The battle for Alexandria lasted for four months, and during the campaign the Fourteenth and the Twenty-ninth were involved in the battle to capture the University of Thebes, which was defended by forces from the Third Alexandrian Militia. The battle for Alexandria resulted in the deaths of more than three thousand Alexandrian Militia soldiers, but despite defeating the Militia the Alliance was unable to hold the planet because of critical supply shortages and a lack of reinforcements; as a result, the Fourteenth and the other units involved in the campaign were withdrawn in June 2238, effectively giving up control of the planet.
Amongst those who saw combat against the Fourteenth was a sergeant in the Third Alexandrian Militia named Hector Worthington Rowe, who was left permanently embittered and angry from the campaign, and who would eventually found the Periphery nation known as the Rim Worlds Republic.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Alexandrian Militia|
- The Periphery, First Edition, p. 15-16, "Birth of the Rim Worlds Republic"