3rd Amaris Legionnaires
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|3rd Amaris Legionnaires|
|Nickname||Red Dot Riders|
|Affiliation||Rim Worlds Republic|
|Parent Command||Amaris Legionnaires|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units aligned with the Rim Provisional Government during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Third Amaris Legionnaires spent much of the next decade on the world of Stirling in the Republic's Timbuktu Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. After a destructive raid on Alarion prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and responsibility for formations such as the Third Legionnaires within the Timbuktu province was given to Battle Group Timbuktu, a grouping of SLDF and Free Worlds League Military units under the overall command of Duke Narinder Selaj.
Duke Selaj deployed a force from the 2nd Marik Auxiliary Corps to secure Stirling and the Third Legionnaires; based around two regiments of the Marik Militia - the Second and Sixth respectively - and the First Brigade of the Fusiliers of Oriente, the Marik Forces landed on Stirling in 2583, defeating the outnumbered Third Legionnaires and securing control of the world.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Amaris Legionnaires|
- During the Reunification War the Third Legionnaires receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 152, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"