3rd Capellan Defense Force
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Third Capellan Defense Force|
|Unit Profile (as of 3068)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Defense Force|
The Third Capellan Defense Force was formed on Gei-Fu with the bulk of its Capellan contingent hailing from that planet. The rest of the roster was filled with Trinity Alliance recruits. The recruits were highly motivated, as they perceived service as a way to regain the Gei-Fu's reputation after the failed assassination attempt made against Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao. The unit was created to augment the Capella Commonality's defenses after several units were shifted to the Liao Commonality and Chaos March and it was outfitted primarily by Ceres Metals.
Operation Sovereign Justice
It was reported that in July 3068 the Third had been completely destroyed by the First Federated Suns Lancers and First Kittery Borderers on Gei-Fu, in the first wave of Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE; other sources indicate that the attack on Gei-Fu was a part of the second wave of attacks and that four mercenary regiments were involved, including the Fourth and Twenty-first Illician Lancers.
|Commanding Officers of the Third Capellan Defense Force|
The Third didn't last long enough to develop any signature tactics.
Third Capellan Defense Force (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Sang-shao Martin Cullhaven
- CO: Zhong-shao Raphael Morrison
Third Capellan Defense Force Infantry (2 Battalion's/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Mei Ling
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 17, "Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 73, "Illician Lancers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 23, "Capellan Defense Force"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 32, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"