3rd Fronc Cuirassiers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Third Fronc Cuirassiers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Fronc Reaches Sentinels|
The Dark Age
Whereas the two sister units to the Third Cuirassiers, the First and Second Fronc Cuirassiers were both operating in small unit formations by the mid-thirty-second century the preferred doctrine of the Third was to keep the various branches of the unit - the Third Fronc Air Wing, Third Fronc Armor and Third Fronc Infantry - distinct and seperate, mixing them only as companies on the various worlds the Third was assigned to.
In 3145 one of the worlds garrisoned by the Third, Appian, was the target of a substantial number of pirate raids; the commanding officer of the Third, Colonel More Routhier, made a point of rotating the elements of his command through Appian on a regular basis, both to reduce the effects of attrition and to ensure that the entire unit maintained its edge.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Fronc Cuirassiers|
Third Fronc Cuirassiers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel More Routhier
- CO: Air Master Arnold Pena
Third Fronc Armor (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Carlos Stewart
Third Fronc Infantry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Julio Moody
At this point in time the Third were deployed across Appian and Spencer. The Second was close to full strength - the BattleMech regiment was at eighty percent, the Third Fronc Armor were at eighty-five percent, while the infantry and Air Wing were both at ninety percent of full strength.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 199, "Fronc Reaches"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 203, "Fronc Reaches"