3rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|3rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Junkers Division|
|Parent Formation||VIII Corps|
The Third Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Third was assigned a part of VIII Corps within the Fourteenth Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Third was then transferred to District 2 by 2765in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 3rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"