3rd Rim Commonality Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Third Rim Commonality Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Fighting Third|
|Parent Formation||Rim Commonality Guards|
The Third Rim Commonality Guards was formed during the Dark Age along with a sister regiment, the Fourth Rim Commonality Guards, from the disbanding Fourth Marik Militia. Like the other regiments of the Rim Commonality Guards, the Third were a largely mediocre unit with little ambition until their adoptive home, the Rim Commonality, began to suffer active predation at the hands of both the Marian Hegemony and the Regulan Fiefs. The attacks gave the Guards a growing sense of resolve, and the Third would help the Rim Commonality to extend its influence in the region during the Dark Age.
In the years between the dissolution and reformation of the Free Worlds League the Third spent much of its time offering support and humanitarian aid to the unaffiliated systems that lay between the Commonality and the Regulan Fiefs. This practice was discouraged by the League after it reformed, in an effort to influence these same unaligned worlds into requesting membership of the League, but by 3145 the Third was stationed outside the Commonality once more, positioned so as to curb raids by both the Regulans and the Duchy of Andurien.
In mid-3146 the Third was dispatched to Glevakha to defend that world from a Magistracy of Canopus invasion. Unable to push the Magistracy Cavaliers offworld, the Third managed to keep the Canopians stalemated until FWLM reinforcements arrived later in the year to drive off the invaders.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Rim Commonality Guard|
The Third was a high-mobility unit that cocnentrated on fighting pirates or conducting light raids, making good use of that mobility.
- CO: Colonel Alicia Michael
Third Rim Guards Armor (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence Schneider
Third Rim Guards Infantry (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Clare Preston
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 106, "Rim Commonality Guards"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 20-21
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Free Worlds League Military"