3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Third Sainze Honor Guard Battle Cluster|
|Affiliation||Clan Fire Mandrill|
|Parent Command||Kindraa Sainze|
The Third Sainze Honor Guard Battle has existed since the founding of the Kindraa. In 3048 they provided two Stars to Clan Fire Mandrill's Provisional Assault Cluster that competed in the Trials prior to Operation Revival. In 3059 and 3067 the Third was stationed on Shadow.
In late 3068 the Third was part of a force that attacked Niles along with warriors from Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline. They gained safcon and issued a batchall for the industrial facility of Industriplex Upsilon. This was defended by the Horses' Eta Galaxy who used the complex's heavy defenses to good use, only a surprise flanking maneuver breached the Horses' line to take the facility. Two weeks later in January 3069 the Horses' Beta Galaxy counter attacked and in a swift action defeated the defending Fire Mandrills. Refusing to call in reinforcements the Third and the Seventh Honor Guard Striker fought on in a meat-grinder of a battle that they eventually won. 
When Scorpion Khan Ariel Suvorov declared a Trial of Refusal against Garret Sainze's election as ilKhan in February 3071, Sainze met Suvorov's forces on Shadow. In a three-day campaign four Clusters from his Kindraa battled a like number of Goliath Scorpions; by the end of the fighting Sainze had perished, along with the Third..
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Ellissa Sainze||3059 - 3067|
The Cluster had no special tactical traits.
Third Sainze Honor Guard Battle 
The Scout/Striker Trinary may use off map movement.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 46, "Unit Profile"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 19-20
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 76, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 37, "Politics and Problems"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 63-64
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 64, 191
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174