405th Aerospace Wing
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|405th Aerospace Wing|
|Unit Profile (as of 3009)|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds League Military|
The 405th Aerospace Wing was one of the units assigned to defend Xi Ursae Majoris, also known as Alula Australis in 3009. The unit operated from a hidden and well secured base of operations. When the 19th Lyran Guards and Snord's Irregulars attacked the planet, the 405th Aerospace Wing cut off the Lyran units from their DropShips. Only a daring assault from Snord's Irregulars was able to dislodge them, though at that time, the 19th Lyran Guards had already routed the rest of Free Worlds League Military defenses.
Nothing is known of what happened to the unit, but being a fighter unit it is expected that some of them could escape and the unit might have been returned to full strenght. 
|Commanding Officers of the 405th Aerospace Wing|
No known tactic was described for the unit.
Though the exact composition is unknown, the 405th Aerospace Wing was notable for including several rare Land Air 'Mechs, namely a Phoenix Hawk LAM and three Stinger LAMs. The rest of the unit was formed by Aerospace Fighters, most of them from FWL Design.
- No logo was ever designed for the unit
No specific rules were created for this unit.
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 34-35 (Scenario "The Stumble Raid")