40th Dragoon Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|40th Dragoon Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||XXXVI Corps|
The Fortieth Dragoon Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The unit was the mobile hammer of XXXVI Corps, responding rapidly to any hot spot to deliver the First Lord's displeasure.
The unit was ill-equipped to deal with the type of hit-and-fade raiding common along the Combine-Commonwealth border, and the Regiment soon found the situation like trying to swat flies with a hammer, which increased the unit's frustration and increasing collateral damage. Colonel Chia Samrin found his actions critiqued by the Corps command staff and even its divisional commanders. When the unit assaulted Hand Vrijheid stronghold of Nieuwegein on Utrecht, it flattened most of that city's downtown area, killing as many civilians as terrorists, and failing to disrupt the terrorist organization, as it was able to resumed normal operations within three months.
Over the objections of Colonel Samrin, Major General Rebecca Rhodes ordered the Fortieth to stand down and allow reported hostilities to be first investigated by other units. First response duties have increasingly fallen to sub-units of the Eightieth and Ninety-ninth Mechanized and the Fiftyninth Jump, such as the First Texas Rangers, the Green Jacket Rifles, and the 596th Mechanized Infantry Regiment.
|Commanding Officers of the 40th Dragoon Regiment|
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 192, "INDEPENDENT REGIMENTS"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133