44th Lyran Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|44th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Fifth Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 44th Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 5th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 44th lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 44th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 44th and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Forty-fourth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the 44th was based on Tamar, the former capital of the Tamar Pact and one of three regional capitals within the Lyran Commonwealth. Tamar was the only world in the Commonwealth to have two regiments of the Lyran Guards based on it at the time, although the 44th was only technically based on Tamar; the official garrison for the planet was the 41st Lyran Guards, whilst the 44th - the most skilled regiment within the 5th Division - was expected to serve as a strategic reserve within the region, deploying to other worlds and systems as needed.
|Commanding Officers of the 44th Lyran Guards|
44th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Forty-fourth was based on Tamar.
44th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Elite/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Tamar with an operational readiness of 94 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99