45th Avalon Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Forty-fifth Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the Forty-fifth Avalon Hussars were notable for not following the Anglicised warrior-knight ideal common to many MechWarriors in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns; instead, the personnel of the Forty-fifth modeled themselves on a warrior archetype from nineteenth-century Terra, the frontier warrior or cowboy of the North American west.
This attitude earned the Forty-fifth the nickname "Samuel's Deadshots" and carried across into the uniform and regalia of the regiment; the traditional knight's spurs worn by each MechWarrior were replaced with cowboy spurs and the standard personal sidearm issued was a replica of the Colt Peacemaker, with which all unit personnel trained heavily. Whilst the Forty-fifth was an average unit in terms of battlefield performance, the interest its personnel had in this anachronistic period of Terra's history resulted in the regiment fielding an excellent western-style horse team and many members of the unit were expert marksmen with their sidearms.
First Succession War
|Commanding Officers of the 45th Avalon Hussars|
- Based upon the nickname the Forty-fifth possessed during the Star League era, the commanding officer of the regiment in or around 2765 was most likely a Colonel Samuel.
During the Star League era all of the Avalon Hussars were required to focus on being both flexible and mobile, with every regiment required to be capable of deploying within eight hours, although many of the Hussars struggled to actually achieve this.
Forty-fifth Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Forty-fifth was stationed on Tallmadge. In common with the other regiments of the Avalon Hussars the Forty-fifth had an attached aerospace wing, although these forces were primarily tasked to provide ground support rather than escort duties.
Forty-fifth Avalon Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a Medium-weight regiment stationed on Tallmadge and were operating at full strength. The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- First Succession War, p. 134, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 9, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 10, "Avalon Hussars - Regimental Status"