47th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Forty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Lambda Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Lambda Galaxy the Forty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster was raised predominantly from recruiting among the Lyran population of the Wolf Empire. Clan Wolf intended for both of the Galaxies created using Lyran personnel - Lambda and Sigma - to encourage support from the local populations for their new rulers. Whether this was a success in the case of the Forty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster and most of the other elements of Lambda is debatable, as Lambda was one of the last Wolf Empire Galaxies to be formed, and as a result received equipment no-one else wanted. Receiving cast-off equipment failed to engender much loyalty in those who had volunteered to join up, and with word of the correspondingly low level of morale spreading, recruitment fell away. By 3145 the Forty-seventh had failed to manage to recruit up to more than eighty percent of full strength as a result.
With the Lyran Commonwealth in a precariously weak position, personnel in the Forty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster saw little point in deserting, but were also equally unwilling to try and stop the rampant cross-border smuggling between the Commonwealth and Empire. With the Commonwealth steadily retreating in the face of Clan Jade Falcon, it was increasingly likely that the Forty-seventh would be called on to protect former Commonwealth worlds from Jade Falcon raids, and that the Empire might try and encourage greater loyalty among the Forty-seventh and other units within Lambda by highlighting that supporting Clan Wolf was the only viable option for protecting their people.
|Commanding Officers of the 47th Wolf Garrison (Wolf Empire)|
Forty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Timothy
- - At this point in time the Forty-seventh was stationed on Arganda and was operating at four-fifths of full strength. Although the Forty-seventh lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Lambda Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 160, "Lambda Galaxy"